Lexium MDrive Ethernet products ship from the factory with the TCP/IP parameters defaulted to the following settings:
- IP Address: 192.168.33.1
- Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
These need to be changed to meet the configuration of the network that these will be installed into. This procedure covers setting up the adapter card in your PC to initially connect to your Lexium MDrive TCP/IP product.
- Lexium MDrive
- Lexium MDrive Linears
- MDrive Linear Actuator
- MDrive Plus
- PC with Microsoft Windows™ 7 or higher
- Free Ethernet port
Step-by-step: setting up your PC
- Ensure your computer “Local Area Connection” port matches the IP Address structure of the motor you wish to upgrade. All Lexium MDrive motors ship from the factory at a default of 192.168.33.1.
- If you need assistance in setting up your IP settings to be able to communicate continue reading otherwise scroll down to “Configuring the Motor’s IP Address”.
- If the LMD motor has already been changed to a different address, then the following steps will differ slightly. Primarily, the IP address and the subnet mask, ensure they are within the same parameters as the motor.
- On a Windows 7 computer, you can access the Local Area Connection Properties by doing the following:
- From the “Start” Icon in the lower left-hand corner of your desktop, locate your Control Panel. If you do not see the control panel button, simply type control panel after hitting the windows key.
- Open the Control Panel and locate the “Network Sharing Center”
- Open the Network Sharing Center and select “Change Adapter Settings”
- Locate the “Local Area Connection” and double-click.
- Double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Select the “Use the Following IP Address” radio button and enter the following information: 192.168.33.xxx. With xxx being any value between 0-255 except for 1.
- After entering in the above IP Address and Subnet Mask information select “OK”
- You have now configured your computer to talk to other devices on a network that has an IP structure that starts with 192.168.x.x