DescriptionThere are instances where it may be desirable to execute and MCode script over EtherNet/IP. This application note explains the process.
- Ethernet TCP/IP
- MCode OS
- Lexium MDrive
Allowing resident MCode program scripts to function in protocol EtherNet/IP with Lexium MDrive Ethernet devices that include TCP/IP application version 188.8.131.52 and up, is now available.
Lexium MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP Configuration Utility contains an “E.I.P.” tab with a frame in the lower left-hand corner labeled “I/O Implicit connection test”. Two Boolean entities are described as follows on their function regarding the enabling of resident program operation with EIP.
To allow resident MCode program scripts to run:
- Turn off I/O implicit writes.
- If ‘Halt Motion’ is ON, an ‘EX 1’ will be issued on every valid EIP implicit I/O connection and an ‘Esc’ will be issued on an I/O connection lost.
- If ‘Halt Motion’ is OFF, then no ‘EX 1’ or ‘Esc’ commands are issued allowing an ‘SU’ label to be used in an MCode script.
- Observe the following closely in your MCode script to be executed via EIP:
- Always use “H 1000” on the first line following all “SU” labels or methods residing @ address “1”.
- Do not use or save any “PR”, “L” or “EM” mnemonics in resident programs or saved parameter statements.The following additions have been added to the explicit EIP class 0x64
- The following additions have been added to the explicit EIP class 0x64:
Access Class Instance Attrib Data type Mnemonic WO 0x64 0x01 0x06 MDRV_STRING EX RO 0x64 0x01 0x07 MDRV_BIT BY RW 0x64 0x01 0x08 MDRV_I32 V1 RW 0x64 0x01 0x09 MDRV_I32 V2 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0A MDRV_I32 V3 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0B MDRV_I32 V4 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0C MDRV_I32 V5 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0D DRV_I32 V6 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0E MDRV_I32 V7 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0F MDRV_I32 V8
Note variables V1 through V8 need to be defined as user variables in order to be utilized.