There are instances where it may be desirable to execute and MCode script over EtherNet/IP. This application note explains the process.
- Lexium MDrive
Allowing resident MCode program scripts to function in protocol EtherNet/IP with Lexium MDrive Ethernet devices that include TCP/IP application version 220.127.116.11 and up, is now available.
Lexium MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP Configuration Utility contains an “E.I.P.” tab with a frame in the lower left-hand corner labeled “I/O Implicit connection test”. Two Boolean entities are described as follows on their function regarding the enabling of resident program operation with EIP.
To allow resident MCode program scripts to run:
- Turn off I/O implicit writes.
- If ‘Halt Motion’ is ON, an ‘EX 1’ will be issued on every valid EIP implicit I/O connection and an ‘Esc’ will be issued on an I/O connection lost.
- If ‘Halt Motion’ is OFF, then no ‘EX 1’ or ‘Esc’ commands are issued allowing an ‘SU’ label to be used in an MCode script.
- Observe the following closely in your MCode script to be executed via EIP:
- Always use “H 1000” on the first line following all “SU” labels or methods residing @ address “1”.
- Do not use or save any “PR”, “L” or “EM” mnemonics in resident programs or saved parameter statements.The following additions have been added to the explicit EIP class 0x64
- The following additions have been added to the explicit EIP class 0x64:
Access Class Instance Attrib Data type Mnemonic WO 0x64 0x01 0x06 MDRV_STRING EX RO 0x64 0x01 0x07 MDRV_BIT BY RW 0x64 0x01 0x08 MDRV_I32 V1 RW 0x64 0x01 0x09 MDRV_I32 V2 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0A MDRV_I32 V3 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0B MDRV_I32 V4 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0C MDRV_I32 V5 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0D DRV_I32 V6 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0E MDRV_I32 V7 RW 0x64 0x01 0x0F MDRV_I32 V8
Note variables V1 through V8 need to be defined as user variables in order to be utilized.
When it comes to your form, fit and function requirements, don’t settle. Get precisely what you need working with us. We know motion.
Contact us with any questions about how we can help you with your motion application or for assistance with your SEM products.