This procedure provides an example of exporting user-defined data types using the Lexium MDrive
Ethernet Interface, version 22.214.171.124(part of Lexium MDrive Software Suite version 126.96.36.199) and Lexium
MDrive, part number LMDCE571.
- Lexium MDrive
- Lexium MDrive Linears
- Lexium MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP (powered and connected)
- Lexium MDrive Software Suite (installed)
- Launch Lexium MDrive Software Suite.
- Launch Lexium MDrive Ethernet Interface.
- Select appropriate NIC adapter from the drop down menu and press the “Select” button. For the purpose of this example NIC adapter 192.168.33.100 was used.
- Enter the IP address in the upper right corner and press “Connect” to establish communication. For the purpose of this example, the motor IP address was 192.168.33.1.
- Press “Read All” to test communication and verify application protocol.
- The default application protocol for the Lexium MDrive is MODBUS/TCP. In order to create/save user-defined data types, we must change the application protocol from MODBUS/TCP to Ethernet/IP. Please select Ethernet/IP from the Application Protocol drop-down menu and press the “Set” button.
- Press the “OK” button from the Fieldbus application change message and cycle power to the unit from the AC side of the power supply or press the “Reset Drive” button to save
the application protocol change.
- Press the “Connect” button in the upper right-hand corner to re-establish communications.
- Press the “Read All” button to verify that the application protocol change was successfully saved.
- Select E.I.P tab to configure implicit inputs and implicit outputs.
- Press the “Get” button to receive the motors current implicit input and implicit output configuration.
- Modify the implicit input and implicit output configuration as necessary. Press “Set” after changes have been made.
- To create the user-defined data types that can be imported into RS Logix 5000, select File, then select “Save EIP User-Defined Data Types”
- Choose the location to save the implicit output user-defined data type and the implicit input user-defined data type. Please note it is not recommended to change the file name from the default value.
- Disconnect and Close the Lexium MDrive Ethernet Interface.
When it comes to your form, fit and function requirements, don’t settle. Get precisely what you need working with us. We know motion.
Contact us with any questions about how we can help you with your motion application or for assistance with your SEM products.