Before the Lexium MDrive can be installed into a network, the TCP/IP parameters, namely the IP address and the subnet mask must be changed to match the network settings.
Before you begin you should have completed the steps found in the following tutorial: Setting up your Ethernet adapter for MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP products
- Lexium MDrive
- Lexium MDrive Linears
- PC with Microsoft Windows™ 7 or greater
- Network adapter with TCP/IP v4 parameters set to:
- IP: 192.168.33.100
- Subnet: 255.255.0.0
- See Setting up your Ethernet adapter for MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP products
- Lexium MDrive, connected to ethernet adapter port and powered.
- Lexium MDrive Software Suite (installed)
- Ethernet Interface utility (installed)
- IP Address and subnet mask for the target network.
For purposes of this example, we will change the TCP/IP settings to operate within the default network for the LMD, which is in the 192.168.33.xxx address space.
- Ensure your computer “Local Area Connection” port matches the IP Address structure of the motor you wish to upgrade. All Lexium MDrive motors ship from the factory at a default of 192.168.33.1. See This Tutorial.
- Launch the Ethernet Interface utility from the Lexium Software Suite screen.
- Go to the “Adapter (NIC)” drop-down in the upper left and select the correct the adapter the LMD is connected to. If followed instructions above then the selected should be 192.168.33.100.
- If it does not appear hit the IP address is not present click the “Refresh” button next to the drop-down. Choose the connected adapter and click “Select”. If done successfully the network address should show above the refresh and select buttons.
- To connect to a new motor straight from the factory, the default IP addresses for all our Ethernet TCP/IP products is192.168.33.1. Set the Port to 503, and have the TCP button selected. Click “Connect”.
- There will be two connected status indicators. The upper right “Connect” button will be green and change to “Disconnect”. There will also be a message on the status bar indicating the selected NIC adapter is connected to the Motor IP address.
- Click the “Read All” button to populate the fields.
- Simply change the IP address and then hit the “Write” button. In this scenario, the IP address is changed from 192.168.33.1 to 192.168.33.26. If you were commissioning the device into a machine you would set it to the address defining its target location in the machine.
- After clicking the “Write” button, the string “!OK” will be appended to the parameter block title. There is no message/notification/prompt that pops asking you if you wish to change the motors IP address.
- Follow the same steps if you need to modify the subnet mask or add a gateway address.
- Click the “Disconnect” button.
- Cycle power to the Lexium MDrive by removing power from the AC side of the supply.
At this point, the device would be ready to be placed in a machine. You may may verify by reconnecting to the LMD using the new IP address, providing the network adapter is configured to match the target network parameters.
When it comes to your form, fit and function requirements, don’t settle. Get precisely what you need working with us. We know motion.
Contact us with any questions about how we can help you with your motion application or for assistance with your SEM products.