DescriptionBefore the Lexium MDrive can be installed into a network, the TCP/IP parameters, namely the IP address and the subnet mask must be changed to match the network settings. Before you begin you should have completed the steps found in the following tutorial: Setting up your Ethernet adapter for MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP products
- Ethernet TCP/IP
- Getting Started
- Lexium MDrive
- Lexium MDrive Linears
- PC with Microsoft Windows™ 7 or greater
- Network adapter with TCP/IP v4 parameters set to:
- IP: 192.168.33.100
- Subnet: 255.255.0.0
- See Setting up your Ethernet adapter for MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP products
- Lexium MDrive, connected to ethernet adapter port and powered.
- Lexium MDrive Software Suite (installed)
- Ethernet Interface utility (installed)
- IP Address and subnet mask for the target network.
For purposes of this example, we will change the TCP/IP settings to operate within the default network for the LMD, which is in the 192.168.33.xxx address space.
- Ensure your computer “Local Area Connection” port matches the IP Address structure of the motor you wish to upgrade. All Lexium MDrive motors ship from the factory at a default of 192.168.33.1. See This Tutorial.
- Launch the Ethernet Interface utility from the Lexium Software Suite screen.
- Go to the “Adapter (NIC)” drop-down in the upper left and select the correct the adapter the LMD is connected to. If followed instructions above then the selected should be 192.168.33.100.
- If it does not appear hit the IP address is not present click the “Refresh” button next to the drop-down. Choose the connected adapter and click “Select”. If done successfully the network address should show above the refresh and select buttons.
- To connect to a new motor straight from the factory, the default IP addresses for all our Ethernet TCP/IP products is192.168.33.1. Set the Port to 503, and have the TCP button selected. Click “Connect”.
- There will be two connected status indicators. The upper right “Connect” button will be green and change to “Disconnect”. There will also be a message on the status bar indicating the selected NIC adapter is connected to the Motor IP address.
- Click the “Read All” button to populate the fields.
- Simply change the IP address and then hit the “Write” button. In this scenario, the IP address is changed from 192.168.33.1 to 192.168.33.26. If you were commissioning the device into a machine you would set it to the address defining its target location in the machine.
- After clicking the “Write” button, the string “!OK” will be appended to the parameter block title. There is no message/notification/prompt that pops asking you if you wish to change the motors IP address.
- Follow the same steps if you need to modify the subnet mask or add a gateway address.
- Click the “Disconnect” button.
- Cycle power to the Lexium MDrive by removing power from the AC side of the supply.
At this point, the device would be ready to be placed in a machine. You may may verify by reconnecting to the LMD using the new IP address, providing the network adapter is configured to match the target network parameters.