Electrical noise is the source of many issues in motion systems. Following best practices with wiring and cabling can prevent or eliminate the impact of electrical noise on a motion system.
- Lexium MDrive
- MDrive Linear Actuator
- MDrive Plus
- Motion, Drives & Controllers
- Stepper Motors
The impact of electrical noise in a system is greatly reduced by following a few basic practices:Signal cabling should be 22 AWG, shielded twisted pairs.
- Provide adequate strain relief for all cables.
- Minimum cable bend radius = 4 x cable diameter.
- Cut the shield at the I/O device end, leave floating.
- Connect the shield at the Motion Control Device end earth.
- Ensure that all earth connections to the control cabinet are free of paint.
- Do not run power cabling along side signal cabling.
- Keep grounds as short as possible.
- If a secondary shield is used over the primary, tie both ends of the secondary shield to earth.